Monday 11 March 2013

Game Night!

My name is James, and I really like board games. My favorite kinds of games are those that have simple rules, don’t take too long to play, but still pose a fun challenge for the average adult or teen gamer.

In this blog, I want to focus on looking at a few games that are simple, engaging, and create interactions between the players. The social aspect of gaming is what I enjoy most; I find many games to be a wonderful way to get to know your friends better and have a good time.

Each game I will be looking at will be graded on six key aspects I find important for a casual game night:
 
Ease Of Learning: Games that are too complicated or take too long to learn can turn off some casual gamers. The faster a game is to pick up, the quicker everyone can start having fun.

Player Interaction: Interactions between players can be anything from combat to trading cards. I like games that encourage the players to interact with each other as much as possible.

Replay Value: Is the game still fun the 10th time being played?

Play Duration: 5 minutes or 5 hours? An important question.

Humour: If you are in the mood to create some laughs, there are some pretty funny games out there.

Luck: How much of winning the game depends on strategy and planning, and how much comes down to a lucky cast of the die?

The importance of these key aspects depend entirely on you and your group, of course. Thanks for reading, and have fun!

- James

No comments:

Post a Comment